Thursday 31 May 2012

Julius Agwu To Launch TV Comedy, Jokes Apart



Nigerian comedian and versatile entertainer, Julius 'D Genius' Agwu has spoken of plans to go on TV, joining fellow professionals like Teju Babyface, AY, Tee A, Owen Gee to name a few other stand up comedians on TV comedy.


Calling his upcoming programme 'Jokes Apart' which according to him (and truly so), he has been famously known for interjecting himself with 'Jokes apart' whenever he's performing on stage as a stand up comedian.

The all round entertainer who is also famous as a musical artiste and has also starred in several movie and TV roles told a news outlet “I punctuated my performances by saying ‘Jokes’ and the crowd would respond ‘Apart’. But when I relocated to Lagos to begin professional comedy, I decided to push my family name, Agwu as I already had future plans for Jokes Apart.”

It is not immediately clear when the TV show intends to kick off on air but a spokesperson told Ascology News that plans are on the way to make the show a success on Digital network stations and efforts are on the way to spread the show on major TV stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment